BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS MEETING
April 1, 2014
Mr. Seabrook opened the meeting and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Present: Steve Bush, Mark Seabrook, Charles Freiberger.
Also Present: Scott Clark, Auditor; Rick Fox, Attorney; John Schellenberger, County Council; Sandy Duley, Commissioner’s Administrative Assistant
Rick Fox – Draw up an agreement to share GIS information with the City – Mr. Fox stated we have expanded the scope information sharing not only with the City but with others and there is a meeting tentatively for April 17th, 2014
Finish appointments (RH Regional Planning Commission) – Mr. Bush stated he had two names to submit - Chris Welsh and Brian Smith - Motion: Action: Approve, Moved by Charles Freiberger, Seconded by Steve Bush. Motion passed unanimously.
Appointment to Weights & Measures (Mr. Ingram’s resignation effective 2/3/14) – Tabled until the April 15th, 2014 meeting.
1. George Lambert – Erosion on Wisman Road – Ditch is getting bad this last twelve months – Mr. Seabrook will have someone from the Road Department look at and then contact Mr. Lambert.
2. Request from Sheriff’s Dept. – Can an officer who retires with 20 yrs. of service keep his weapon? Sandy Duley stated Ted Heavrin had contacted her to ask for permission – Mr. Fox stated the contract would need to be reviewed, this was tabled
3. Operations Report: Don Lopp
· Zoning ordinance amendment. FCO -2014 – III – at the Plan Commission’s March meeting they sent a Motion: , Action: Approve, Moved by Charles Freiberger, Seconded by Steve Bush. Motion passed unanimously.
· Tunnel Hill Project Update ongoing – property owners for a donation for the land Edwardsville Water to move the waterline and agreeing to pay Motion: Upon Mr. Fox's review and approval to allow Mr. Seabrook to sign outside the meeting, Action: Approve, Moved by Steve Bush, Seconded by Charles Freiberger. Motion passed unanimously.
· Non-reverting Ordinance FCO 2014 – II – Mr. Lopp requested to table as he has not had a chance to meet with Mr. Clark about this.
· Bridge 66 – had been watching because of some stress cracks, this was the first bridge to be inspected and the recommendation is to set the weight limit at twelve ton. Motion: Action: Approve setting the weight limit to twelve ton, Moved by Steve Bush, Seconded by Charles Freiberger. Mr. Lopp and Mr. Gibson will meet with the residents about what to expect when the construction begins.
· Mr. Ramsey resignation – Set an Executive Session for Personnel before the next meeting.
Mr. Seabrook stated they have received word that the New Albany Sewer Board wants to extend four miles out. Mr. Mouser and Ms. Lamb have been helpful in getting information. He suggested to call a special meeting to review what our options are. Did the City notify everyone that needed to be notified?
4. Receipt of the Feb. 18th Report of the NA-FC Public Library Board of Trustees - Mr. Seabrook acknowledged
5. Receipt of the Mar. Report of the FC Veterans Service Officer, Mr. Glen Hammack - Mr. Seabrook acknowledged
6. Receipt of the Feb. Report of the FC Clerk, Ms. Christy Eurton - Mr. Seabrook acknowledged
7. Receipt of the Feb. Report of the FC Treasurer, Ms. Linda Berger - Mr. Seabrook acknowledged
8. Approval of the March 18th Commissioners Minutes - Motion: Action: Approve, Moved by Steve Bush, Seconded by Charles Freiberger. Motion passed unanimously.
9. Approval of Payrolls & Claims - Mr. Clark stated he reviewed and there were no unusual or extraordinary items. Motion: , Action: Approve, Moved by Charles Freiberger, Seconded by Steve Bush. Motion passed unanimously.
4:30 Stormwater – Mr. Seabrook acknowledged the meeting
Mr. Freiberger – thanked George and Carol for their help with the sewer issue that has happened.
Mr. Bush - echoed what Mr. Freiberger said.
Mr. Seabrook – addressed the work session that was held on Monday, March 31st by the County Council to discuss the coffers of the County; the discussion about selling property- the O’Brien property and the Annex building were mentioned, comments made about the purchase of the Pine View Government Center majority committed to the use of the Youth Shelter.
John Schellenberger – spoke to the bond that was utilized to purchase the Pine View Government Center and the rebate of 45% after the last payment is made.
Mr. Freiberger – stated the purchase of this building was cheaper than building the new building for the Youth Shelter.
Mr. Seabrook asked Mr. Clark about the reimbursement for the Camm trial. Mr. Clark stated he did not have those figures with him tonight, he did review then at the meeting last night but he believed we have received $295,000 and have approximately $150,000 more.
Mr. Fax – reviewed the process of the purchase of the PVGC as he was involved
George Mouser – officer to keep his weapon is a good idea to him, want it specified what type of weapon. Purchasing this building was the best move that has been done by the County for the amount of money involved. Thanked P.J. and Dale Mann for their help on the sewer issue.
Joseph Moore – spoke to the officer weapon encouraged to have Mr. Fox to reviewed for any liability the County could be sued for.
Motion: 6:36 pm, Action: Adjourn, Moved by Steve Bush, Seconded by Charles Freiberger.
Motion passed unanimously.